When today’s automotive repair professionals update their diagnostic tools to the newest Snap-on software, Upgrade 18.4, they’ll be ready for most any vehicle that rolls into their bay with new and expanded coverage, expert tips, guided analysis, rapid access to critical resources, and solutions like pre- and post-scan reports that add more value to every job.
“Technicians don’t need to look any further than Software Upgrade 18.4 to help them achieve faster and smarter fixes for complete and confident repairs, which results in satisfied customers,” said Leian Wunderlich, software program manager, Snap-on Diagnostics. “Keeping their diagnostic software up-to-date maximizes their diagnostic tool investment and guarantees better performance than the day they bought it.”
Shops, whether body, repair, glass replacement, used car dealership or mobile diagnostic business, rely on Snap-on for the most comprehensive OEM-specific coverage, and innovative features and capabilities for hundreds of vehicle systems and 49 manufacturers to overcome the toughest obstacles.
Highlights of Software Upgrade 18.4 include:
- Pre-scan and Post-scan with Vehicle System Reports
- Pre and Post-scan for 40 Makes
- Gives a big picture snapshot of vehicle systems
- Shops and techs can illustrate the value of their work to customers easily
- Meets OEM and insurance requirements, including shop name and time stamp
- Safety and Advanced Drivers Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- New guided component tests
- New and enhanced vehicle communications coverage
- Helps shops drive new business related to collision repair
- ALTUS, the new Snap-on cloud for Apollo D8, MODIS Edge, MODIS Ultra and
- Upload and store vehicles system reports
- Share with customers or insurance providers by text or email
- Quicker repair approvals
- Fast after-fix reporting
- Intelligent Diagnostics on Apollo D8, ZEUS
- Guides techs to the repair for the specific vehicle and code being worked on
- Exclusive smart data gives code-specific scanner data with a view to code-related custom PID list, which provides max/min values that trigger when exceeded
- Suretrack, today’s Fast-Track Troubleshooter, includes real fixes from actual repair orders with regular fresh content
- New features
- New for Ford power balance display is an updated user interface for the Ford cylinder contribution test
- New for ZEUS, VERUS and VERDICT platforms
- Intuitive systems menu that offers categorized groups of commonly chosen systems, modules or procedures for quick and easy selection
- Hi-speed wireless vehicle connection connects to a vehicle in 15 seconds or less
Technicians can be confident in the unparalleled breadth and depth of the general repair coverage in Software Upgrade 18.4. Snap-on invests in the latest technology innovations, resources and aftermarket repair relationships to significantly expand vehicle systems coverage and strengthen tool capabilities.
Learn more about how to “Empower on” with the newest upgrade at https://diagnostics.snapon.com/18.4 or contact a participating Snap-on Franchisee or other sales representative.
For the latest news and information on the global automotive aftermarket industry, visit https://aftermarketintel.com.