With the latest Snap-on software release, professional technicians get the full potential of their diagnostic platform to increase their productivity and overcome even the toughest obstacles more quickly. From the moment they power-on, technicians can confidently service customers with a tool containing unparalleled depth in general and collision repair coverage for Asian, domestic and European vehicles.
With more than just new coverage and features, it also delivers significant and exclusive expert information enhancements. Plus, everything from previous releases.
“Shops need the latest coverage to continue to meet the needs of their customers,”said Dave Ellingen, president, Snap-on Diagnostics.“ Keeping their diagnostic software up-to-date maximizes their diagnostic tool investment and guarantees better performance than the day it was bought. No other diagnostic tool and information provider can deliver such extensive coverage, services and features.”
New coverage highlights include:
- 2020 automotive and motorcycle year updates
- Expanded 2020 model code scan and clear
- New models, system adds and more for Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota and Volkswagen
- New ADAS recalibrations for Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Lexus, Mazda and Toyota
New features and enhancements include:
- New component test features
- 22 percent increase in hybrid electronics component tests
- 13 percent increase in additional driver aids/ADAS component tests
- 65 percent increase in Mercedes-Benz HVAC component tests
- A new maintenance category lets technicians find common maintenance resets quickly for jobs such as fluids and brakes, on Fast-Track® Intelligent Diagnostics platforms
- New vehicle identification screen that once filled in the information replicates to all critical system reports
- ADAS recalibration report automatic data population, including tech name, Cert ID and test status box
- New AutoVIN function settings allows manual or automatic VIN number input
- Newly linked functional tests and reset procedures help speed-up work. Available with exclusive service rests and relearns feature on Fast-Track Intelligent Diagnostics and VERUS® Edge products
Keeping their diagnostic platform up to date ensures that technicians can access the full potential of the tool. Snap-on exclusives include:
- Fast-Track Intelligent Diagnostics walks through every step to the solution, avoiding unnecessary steps. Includes expert information updated and available before, during and after every software release
- Snap-on Secure Vehicle Gateway™ for direct access to vehicles right from the scan tool for 2018 and newer Fiat Chrysler (FCA) models
- Snap-on Cloud access for up-to-the-second online storage. Archive, reference, retrieve and communicate vehicle systems reports, thermal images and more to customers, colleagues and insurance companies
- SureTrack® for Real Fixes and verified parts replacement records from millions of successful repair orders
- Fast-Track Guided Component Tests that show how to test, where to connect and what results to look for
- On-tool guided component test training with over 70 topics and hundreds of on-tool courses
- Ethernet communications support for Jaguar, Land Rover and Volvo vehicles requiring it
- Vehicle and ADAS recalibration reports supply a customer or insurer diagnostic work summary
- Software plans to get the most comprehensive coverage and features
- Wide-ranging support programs, including a customer care hotline, extended warranty and free comprehensive online training and support
For specific coverage and features by platform, refer to the vehicle coverage guide at http://snapon.com/vcguide.
For more information about the latest software coverage and features or available software programs, contact a participating Snap-on Franchisee or other sales representative, or visit http://diagnostics.snapon.com/software.
About Snap-on Diagnostics:
Snap-on Diagnostics is part of Snap-on Incorporated, a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of tools, diagnostics and repair information and systems solutions for professional users performing critical tasks. Products are sold through the company’s franchisee, company-direct distributor and Internet channels. Founded in 1920, Snap-on is headquartered in Kenosha, Wisconsin. To learn more about any of Snap-on’s diagnostic solutions, talk to a Snap-on representative or visit http://diagnostics.snapon.com.
For the latest news and information on the global automotive aftermarket industry, visit https://aftermarketintel.com. Do you have news? Contact Aftermarket Intel Editor Mark Phillips at email@example.com.