The Aftermarket Warehouse Distributors Association (AWDA) Board of Governors today announced its newest officers and governors following the conclusion of the 2020 AWDA Virtual Conference, which took place Nov. 16-19. The new members joining the ranks of AWDA’s leadership will hold their positions for a two-year term, ending in 2022. As AWDA officers and governors, they will play an active role in providing policy advice and input to the Auto Care Association and the aftermarket industry at-large.
Effective today, following the close of the conference, the 2020-2022 AWDA leadership will include:
- Chairman: Ryan Samuels, Samuels, Inc. – Vauxhall, N.J.
- Vice Chair: Ashlee Arnold, Arnold Oil Company – Austin, Texas
- Secretary: Dan Hanson, Jr., Hanson Distributing Co. – Azusa, Calif.
- Treasurer: Tim Trudnowski, Automotive Jobbers Supply – Spokane, Wash.
Samuels succeeds Mauro Cifelli, Vast-Auto Distribution, who successfully led AWDA through the previous two years and remains on the AWDA Council as immediate past chairman.
“These new officers join a long and distinguished line of great leaders that AWDA has produced,” said Larry Northup, executive director, AWDA. “As volunteer leaders, all have a long history of association involvement and of course were also deeply engaged in their business operations during this difficult year. They’ve shared the challenges faced by all AWDA members these past months.”
Joining the AWDA Board as At-Large Governors are:
- Alex Hortsch, Cost Less Auto Parts – Vancouver, Wash.
- Esperanza Izquierido, XL Parts Inc. – Jersey Village, Texas
- E. Fletcher Lord, III, Replacement Parts, Inc. – Little Rock, Ark.
- Trevor Martin, Vaca Valley Auto Parts – Fairfield, Calif.
- Kelly Peterson, ASAP Automotive Warehouse – Midvale, Utah
This week, the AWDA and HDDA communities merged, two additional governors have been added to the AWDA Board:
- Tina Hubbard, president and CEO, Heavy Duty America/Truck Pride
- Jeff Paul, vice president, VIPAR Heavy Duty, Inc.
Joining the AWDA Board will be the new vice chairman of AWDA’s Manufacturers’ Advisory Council (MAC):
- Colby Florea, Gates Corporation – Denver, Colo.
AWDA’s nominating committee insists that if asked, any incoming governor must be qualified to serve as Board Chair. The result of this long-standing policy is a consistent supply of high-quality board members who are interested, engaged and committed to traditional distribution, the auto care industry and the Auto Care Association.
“Without a doubt, AWDA’s tradition of excellence in leadership continues with this new group of Officers and Governors,” said Northup. “We look forward to working with all of them.”
For the latest news and information on the global automotive aftermarket industry, visit https://aftermarketintel.com. Do you have news? Contact Aftermarket Intel Editor Mark Phillips at email@example.com.