The Polish Investment and Trade Agency (PAIH) and the Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Chicago are holding the MidV4est Investment Forum, which brings together American and European investors and entrepreneurs to share knowledge and best practices.
The Visegrad Group countries – Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia – make up the fastest-growing region in the European Union in terms of GDP growth. With their strategic location in the heart of Europe, V4 states boast major transportation routes connecting western and eastern parts of the Old Continent. The region has its own ports and provides access to other major ports in Europe and around the world, and its well-developed airport system serves more than 100 million passengers a year.
MidV4est Investment Forum aims to strengthen cooperation between the V4 countries and the United States, and above all, to familiarize the US business community with the achievements of and opportunities for cooperation with Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Slovakia.
The decision to organize the Mid4Vest Investment Forum in Chicago is not a random choice, the organizers say. Chicago is a sister city to two capitals of the Visegrad Group – Warsaw and Prague. All three share a common culture and vision of the future, and due to our event, these ties will be strengthened by a business component.
During the event, participants will:
- Hear about history, accomplishments, and initiatives of the Visegrad Group countries
- Learn about the business and investment incentives in the V4 region as well as the Midwest
- Familiarize themselves with technology and innovation ecosystems of the US and V4
- Discover the possibilities for cooperation with:
- Polish Investment and Trade Agency (PAIH), CzechInvest, and Slovak Investment and Trade Development Agency (SARIO)
- SelectUSA / U.S. Department of Commerce
- Multiple economic development organizations and chambers of commerce from the Midwest and many more
- Have an opportunity to meet with potential business partners during the presentations and the following networking session
The event is organized jointly by Polish Investment and Trade Agency (PAIH) and the Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Chicago in cooperation with:
- the Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Washington, DC
- the Consulate General of the Czech Republic in Chicago
- the Consulate General of Hungary in Chicago
- the Slovak Investment and Trade Development Agency (SARIO)
- SelectUSA / U.S. Department of Commerce
The speakers list includes:
- Michał Rzeźnik – Head of Foreign Trade Office in Chicago, Polish Investment and Trade Agency (PAIH)
- Małgorzata Bąk-Guzik – Consul, Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Chicago
- Tamas Kovacs – Consul General, Consulate General of Hungary in Chicago
- Jaroslav Kantůrek – Consul General, Consulate General of the Czech Republic in Chicago
- Matej Saloň – Deputy Consul General, Consulate General of the Slovak Republic in New York
- Ryan Wallace – Senior International Investment Specialist, SelectUSA / US Department of Commerce
- Andras Juhasz – Trade Commissioner, Consulate General of Hungary in Chicago
- Tomáš Trnka – Head of Trade and Economic Section, Consulate General of the Czech Republic in Chicago
- Monika Sopkovičová – Economic Counselor, Embassy of the Slovak Republic in Washington DC
- Agnieszka Szweda – Expert, Polish Investment and Trade Agency (PAIH)
- Matej Zahradnik – Director of East Coast Operations, CzechInvest
- Simona Jurkovičová – Consultant, Slovak Investment and Trade Development Agency (SARIO)
Special guests of the event will include representatives of Chicago Sister Cities International (CSCI) and LOT Polish Airlines.
This online event will be held on June 17th at 9:00 AM CST (4:00 PM CET) and will be conducted in English.
Participation is free and registration can be found here.
LOT Polish Airlines
Autoflex Knott, Inc.
World Business Chicago
Chicago Sister Cities International (CSCI)
Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce (CCC)
Polish American Chamber of Commerce (PACC)
International Trade Association of Greater Chicago (ITAGC)
International Trade Club of Chicago (ITCC)
For the latest news and information on the global automotive aftermarket industry, visit https://aftermarketintel.com. Do you have news? Contact Aftermarket Intel Editor Mark Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org.