Dana Incorporated announced it has confirmed its strategic supply relationship with current OEM partner Lion Electric Co. to support its lineup of electric buses as well as medium- and heavy-duty trucks.
“The bus and medium-duty truck segments are among the fastest growing for electrified products and we have developed our portfolio to enable a seamless integration for our customers vehicles,” said Ryan Laskey, senior vice president of Dana Commercial Vehicle Drive and Motion Systems. “We are excited to support Lion Electric as they deliver on their mission to help electrify urban transportation for buses and medium and heavy-duty trucks.”
“We are pleased with our strategic relationship with Dana in order to deliver the highest quality medium and heavy-duty all-electric trucks and buses available today. By working together, Lion will be able to continue meeting the increasing demand in the marketplace for zero-emission transportation solutions, especially as we prepare to manufacture vehicles at our upcoming U.S. facility in Illinois inthe second half of this year,” said Yannick Poulin, Chief Operating Officer at Lion Electric.
Dana supplies Lion with a broad range of technologies and systems, including:
- the Dana TM4 SUMO family of electric motors supporting light, medium, and heavy-duty applications;
- Dana TM4 medium-and heavy-duty high-voltage inverters;
- medium-and high-voltage bi-directional charger inverters that function as
both a battery charger and inverter;
- the fully programmable OpenECU M5 series of vehicles controllers for use
as the main vehicle management unit; and
- a range of single reduction and tandem drive axles, and driveshafts for
For the latest news and information on the global automotive aftermarket industry, visit https://aftermarketintel.com. Do you have news? Contact Aftermarket Intel Editor Mark Phillips at email@example.com.