Summer is here, and so is the urge to fix every nick and scratch to a vehicle’s paint received over the course of a long winter. AutomotiveTouchup has a wide range of tools and techniques which can save customers from an expensive trip to the body shop by allowing them to get rid of nicks and scratches in their garages for a fraction of the cost of going to a professional painter.
AutomotiveTouchup has a database of thousands of OEM paint colors, including color codes for discontinued vehicle makes and models. The company provides a precise color match simply by using the vehicle’s paint code, and customers can easily order online. While most paint codes are listed on the inside of the vehicle’s door, the company offers clear instructions on the website to help drivers locate their code with ease.
“All of the paint at AutomotiveTouchup is custom-mixed to order, guaranteeing a great color match,” said Paul Fernandez, General Manager for AutomotiveTouchup. “We recommend using our three-step process: sandable primer, the color and then our glossy clear coat to ensure the best finish.”
Small nicks or chips to the vehicle’s paint are best filled in using the paint pens, half-ounce or two-ounce paint bottles. Scratches, mirror damage and bumpers are best fixed using the company’s aerosol spray cans. Ready-to-spray products in pints, quarts and gallons are best suited for larger projects, including doors and hoods.
AutomotiveTouchup recommends the following process:
* Prior to use, apply the paint to another surface, such as a glossy sheet of paper or metal to ensure the color match while allowing you to get a feel for how the paint applies. Use the enclosed card with aerosol and ready-to-spray products.
* Use only in an area with adequate ventilation and out of direct sunlight. Aerosols apply best between 60 and 90 degree Fahrenheit with 60-percent humidity or less.
* Use several light coats instead of one heavy coat. Allow the paint to fully dry before adding the next layer. Do not apply any step in direct sunlight.
* Refrain from using wax or solvent or scrub on the paint for 30 days post-application.
* Store product in a cool, dry location. Do not store inside the vehicle.
* Shelf life is estimated at one to two years.
Headquartered in New Orleans, AutomotiveTouchup is a division of Microfinish LLC, which produces coatings for vehicular and industrial equipment repair and refinishing in a state-of-the-art facility. For more information call 1.888.710.5192 or visit www.automotivetouchup.com/or www.microfinish.com. Follow on Facebook: automotivetouchup, Twitter: @atu_microfinish or Instagram: @automotivetouchup
For the latest news and information on the global automotive aftermarket industry, visit https://aftermarketintel.com.