As the Vietnamese Government works to raise the international profile of the local automotive industry, there has become a growing demand for open channels of communication amongst local and overseas players, especially in the past two years due to restricted market movement. Automechanika Ho Chi Minh City 2022 supports this industry development through activities that seamlessly bond a wider auto community before, during and after the show. These include value-added in-person and online offerings like the revamped business matching service (Match Up), pre-show events and a series of business and networking fringe events.
The potential of Vietnam’s automotive industry continues to rise from the upshot of enhanced public governance, increased foreign direct investment and joint ventures, as well as stronger bilateral and multilateral trade relations. Furthermore, from a perspective of developing the domestic workforce, the Government’s recent training and retraining scheme looks to improve skilled labour in accordance with Industry 4.0 advancements across major economic sectors. Together, these factors contribute to the country’s position as an upcoming manufacturing hub for the global automotive supply chain.
Integrating the “Exhibition, Workshops and Entertainment” into the show, Automechanika Ho Chi Minh City 2022 is set to become more activity-driven than ever before as it aligns with the country’s fast pace of development through a highly condensed programme and newly-created networking activities. Players from across the globe are encouraged to engage in dynamic and valuable interactions amongst participants in the local automotive community to gain a deeper insight into prospects in the Passenger vehicle, Commercial vehicle, Motorcycle and Automotive manufacturing & automation segments.
Fiona Chiew, Deputy General Manager, Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd, commented: “We believe it will be important to connect international companies who are looking to create ties with potential partners in local auto manufacturing and supporting industries. As a committed meeting place, Automechanika Ho Chi Minh City 2022 will launch a number of online and in-person activities for all players along the supply chain. These are vital touchpoints for participants to meet each other under any circumstances.”
In the lead up to the show, several activities are set to maintain market enthusiasm. For example, Match Up, an advanced business matching service, is an all-year-round programme that bridges global players with local businesses and helps nurture potential sales leads without time and geographical constraints. The service utilises a database of over 600,000 buyer and supplier resources across the full supply chain from Automechanika shows in Ho Chi Minh City, Kuala Lumpur and Shanghai. Based on each participant’s special needs and requirements, a dedicated team links suppliers with potential buyers in 150 countries and regions from Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, Oceania and South America. Participants can sign up for the fully operational service by filling out the online application: www.automechanika-hcmc.com/business-matching-reg.
In addition, the show will soon unveil a dedicated video channel featuring playful content. It acts as an online guide for the local and international automotive communities to understand different auto cultures and related topics, including basic DIY for car repair, maintenance, recommendations for enhancing the driving experience, and consumer behavioural trends, to name a few. The knowledge from these guides will help to build stronger business relationships and deepen the understanding of different parties.
On top of Match Up and the video channel, a series of onsite business events and entertainment from the show’s AutoFest@HCMCity will be live from 29 June to 1 July 2022:
- Automechanika Connected Exchange is a conference that allows industry experts, government agencies and key trade associations to discuss the direction of the global and Vietnamese automotive industry.
- (New) Smart Factory & Industry 4.0 Conference aims to explore recent trends and opportunities in Vietnam’s automotive manufacturing and automation industry, the use of robotics, smart factories and many more.
- (New) Auto Service & Maintenance: Festival and Workshop is a series offering onsite repair services for drive-in vehicles, as well as practical demonstrations to highlight the importance of vehicle repair and maintenance in Vietnam’s growing auto market.
- (New) Auto City Marketplace features an additional exhibition area that allows small order purchases amongst automotive retailers, workshops and end-users. This close contact will transmit instant feedback across the mini supply chain for a deeper understanding of supply and demand requirements.
- Drift & Stunt shows allow onlookers to enjoy the thrilling acts on wheels while witnessing the most forward-thinking trends in customisation in action.
- Auto NITZ Party is a fun networking event that features live music performances from famous local DJs. The exclusive party aims to provide a more relaxed setting for exhibitors, premium buyers and car enthusiasts to have even more connecting opportunities.
Automechanika Ho Chi Minh City is co-organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd, Chan Chao International Co Ltd and Yorkers Exhibition Service Vietnam. For more updates, please visit www.automechanika-hcmc.com or contact Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd, +852 2802 7728 / email@example.com.